Vendor: The DVD Hut
The story of “Cinderella” follows the fortunes of young Ella (Lily James) whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother. Eager to support her loving father, Ella welcomes her new Stepmother (Cate Blanchett) and her daughters Anastasia (Holliday Grainger) and Drisella (Sophie McShera) into the family home. But, when Ella’s father unexpectedly passes away, she finds herself at the mercy of a jealous and cruel new family. Soon, she is forced to become their servant, disrespected, covered in ashes and spitefully renamed Cinderella. Yet, despite the cruelty inflicted upon her, Ella will not give in to despair nor despise those who mistreat her, and she continues to remain positive, determined to honor her mother’s dying words and to “have courage and be kind.” When Ella meets a dashing stranger in the woods, unaware that he is really the Prince (Richard Madden) and not merely Kit, an apprentice at the palace, she believes she has finally found a kindred soul. It appears her fortunes may be about to change when the King (Derek Jacobi) summons all maidens in the kingdom to attend a royal ball at the palace, raising Ella’s hopes of once again encountering the charming Kit. Alas, her Stepmother forbids her to attend and callously destroys her dress. Meanwhile, the calculating Grand Duke (Stellan Skarsgård) devises a plan to thwart the Prince’s hopes of reuniting with Ella and enlists the support of the devious Stepmother. But, as in all good fairy tales, help is at hand. Soon, a kindly beggar woman (Helena Bonham Carter) steps forward and, armed with a pumpkin, a few mice and a magic wand, changes Cinderella’s life forever.
- A Fairy Tale Comes To Life — Cinderella’s journey through the ages of storytelling has been one that has touched generations. Get a glimpse of her roots, how she evolved in the beloved Disney animated classic...and finally to today’s fully embodied, strong, kind young woman that is Cinderella.
- Costume Test Fun — Fashion meets fairy tale meets fun as the cast goes on film for the first time in the fashions of Oscar winner Sandy Powell.
- Staging The Ball — Experience the epic, sweeping grandeur of Cinderella as you never have before. Over the course of three days, follow the frenetic energy and amazing orchestration of the Palace Ball sequence. It’s a lavish yet massive undertaking on one of the world’s most enormous and well-known stages.
- Alternative Opening: Ella’s Childhood — Director Kenneth Branagh introduces this never-before-seen sequence.
- Ella’s Furry Friends — Life on the set for some of the animal actors in the movie…and how they honed their memorable performances.
- Frozen Fever — It’s Anna’s birthday, and Elsa and Kristoff are determined to give her the best celebration ever. But when Elsa catches a cold, her powers may put more than just the party at risk!
These discs are (PAL) format, and will work on all modern Australian & European DVD players.